What’s In A Smile?

Pleated Pink Outfit

behind closed doors it’s non-existent
struggling to stay afloat
unsaid words, meaningless fights and isolation
just to avoid the real situation
buried my feelings, I’ve been withholding, looking for an excuse, a reason not to share
through self-reflection, it seems validation is what I subconsciously desire
the air’s warm but my heart’s cold, the fire’s still burning but it has no control
summer settings fused with unresolved thoughts
trying to solve my problems in ways I would never suggest, but lately, I’ve been running empty
filling the void with melodies to help me think
reminiscing, replaying scenarios, my heart can’t take the pain
tired of dealing with these broke conditions, sick of forever losing
but it’s a learning curve, God’s timing
let’s take it back to happier times
a simple decision created a genuine smile, but never to stay
I’m in limbo, battling my inner demons
how do I manoeuvre through this stage?
guns blazing, sweet love or an exciting adventure
priorities changed, I ain’t the same, but happiness will always be the aim
what’s in a smile?

A smile should represent happiness, love and peace, yet more times than many of us would like to admit we’re wearing a mask. Covering the hurt, depression and other realities, but life isn’t about surviving, it’s about adventure and living our best life. Realities vary yet the majority of us want happiness, it’s time to makes a decision between filling the void or acknowledging the real problem. Dig deeper within, ask those difficult questions you usually brush off and begin to gain an insight. It may be easier to bury the problem, hide from responsibilities yet that only affects your own psyche. Take a deep breath, allow yourself to be honest and go through these questions, you may learn something.

Power Pose Garden Settings

Dig deeper by asking 10 thought-provoking questions (likely to unveil the truth)
  1. Do I love myself?
    (when was the last time I told myself I love you?)
  2. Are my actions guided by love or fear?
    (do I treat myself with the respect and love I need?)
  3. Am I living the life I desire?
    (what’s one step I could make to get closer to my ideal life?)
  4. Do the people in my life add value?
    (how do they add value?)
  5. How could I improve my quality of life?
    (what’s one action I could start today?)
  6. When was the last time I learned something new?
    (how was it helpful in my life?)
  7. What does happiness mean to me?
    (Are you a happy person?)
  8. Am I holding onto something that needs to be cut loose?
    (what’s making me stay attached?)
  9. Does my presence add value to those around me?
    (how does it add value?)
  10. Can I enjoy my own company?
    (can I be alone without being lonely?)

Smile In Desi Glam Attire

Images by KAUR

What does a smile mean to you?

Until next time, stay fabulous,

14 Comments

1. July 19, 2018 / 4:37 pm

This is such a great and important post! There really is more to a smile than meets the eye, and can fool ourselves as well as those around us. I so agree that it’s important to stop and think about these things, and the questions you provided are great! I especially love number 3 about living the life you want, but I think my favourite thing you said was ‘life isn’t about surviving, it’s about adventure and living our best life’ – SUCH a good quote to live by!

I really enjoyed reading your post, and I particularly like you’re little sign-off – stay fabulous!

• tajinder
      Author
      July 19, 2018 / 9:58 pm

Aww, thank you dear. Reading your comment made me feel so happy, I’m glad you genuinely connected with the content I created.

Tx.

2. July 19, 2018 / 4:42 pm

This post was really thought-provoking. I think the question of “What does happiness mean to you?” is a question I struggle to answer. And also holding on to something that needs to be cut loose is a HUGE one for me. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and insight(:

Nikki O.
    HerDaringThoughts

• tajinder
      Author
      July 19, 2018 / 10:00 pm

Glad you resonated with the post dear and that the questions got you thinking, it’s all about self-discovery.

Tx.

3. July 19, 2018 / 5:07 pm

These are brilliant thought provoking questions, thank you for sharing such an inspirational and positive post. I really love your outfit too. It’s so bright and beautiful, you have such a lovely smile xx

Bexa | http://www.hellobexa.com

• tajinder
      Author
      July 19, 2018 / 10:02 pm

Appreciate it dear, I honestly love bright colours and an outfit to me is an extension of my personality so I have to show up.

Tx.

4. July 19, 2018 / 5:35 pm

What a great post. We all need to take time out to reflect on life, on ourselves and our purpose. I smile for so many reasons – when really the only reason should be because I want to display my happiness to the world.

• tajinder
      Author
      July 19, 2018 / 10:03 pm

Exactly, glad you resonated with the post dear.

Tx.

5. July 19, 2018 / 6:21 pm

Beautifully written. I agree sometimes a smile is a coverup to avoid the real pain you feel but once you take time to tackle the real issue lying beneath, you bring forth this inner confidence that produces the most brilliant smile a person could ever see. You’re right, life isn’t about surviving, it’s about being your best self and having fun along the journey to discover who you best self is mean to be.

Natonya | http://www.justnatonya.wordpress.com

• tajinder
      Author
      July 19, 2018 / 10:04 pm

Thank you dear, I’m glad you resonated with my words and the message I was portraying.

Tx.

6. July 19, 2018 / 8:09 pm

What a wonderful post and the pics :O You look stunning 😀

• tajinder
      Author
      July 19, 2018 / 10:05 pm

Aww, thank you lovely, I appreciate the kind words.

Tx.

7. July 20, 2018 / 12:12 pm

I couldn’t even begin to list what a smile means to me. Sometimes its an ‘I’m happy’, sometimes its more of a ‘I’m struggling to cope today but I’m trying really hard’.

Lauren xx – bylaurenjane

• tajinder
      Author
      July 20, 2018 / 11:41 pm

I totally understand the two, I have those moments too but positivity always gets me through. Glad you enjoyed the post dear.

Tx.