Freeing Myself From Self-Doubt

Self-doubt.

A word that has consumed my existence recently. Feeling low but no-one believes, shared my concerns but they’re merely ignored. Thinking how to lift myself up from this slump. I’ve been in denial, masking my problems with a smile. I’m heading in a downward spiral, it’s affecting my creatively, happiness and livelihood. Making simple decisions has become difficult, especially when a voice in the back of my mind keeps screaming it’s wrong. I could sit here and pour my heart out, but that doesn’t change the situation. To feel pure bliss something has to change, acceptance is the first stage.

Speaking about the problem usually helps but my confidant is nowhere around. I look towards my journal but the words wouldn’t come out, frustration is all that occurs. Keeping to my blog schedule? Well, that’s almost laughable. Although I’m brimming with ideas, I’m just as quick to disregard them. Expecting quality but receiving rambling thoughts, it feels as though I’m incapable of forming a sentence. Getting annoyed at myself for wasting time, not feeling satisfied with the work produced. Figuring how to add joy, I turn towards music, films and quotes but there’s no hope, the problem is much deeper.

I just want a hug, to let go and escape my feelings. Self-doubt keeps holding me back, but it’s time to break free from its grasp. Constantly reassuring myself that I am enough but there’s a piece missing, the only way to obtain clarity is to look within. What triggered this feeling? There are many factors to consider, different aspects of life, one thing for certain, all I desire is happiness. I’m finally taking the first step, writing about it, actively trying to work things out and discover a state of peace.

Y’all hear me now?
Just another kid from London
Brown and pretty
I’m the perfect contradiction
What you see is the worse me
I’m not the last of my kind
But this is a message to you
Get through the muddy water
Never give up
Reinvest in yourself.

Images by SARE

How do you handle self-doubt?

Until next time, stay blessed and classy,

12 Comments

1. Ann Snook-Moreau
    May 22, 2018 / 4:52 pm

This happens to all of us! I usually try to think of all the things I’ve accomplished to take attention away from the negative.

• tajinder
      Author
      May 23, 2018 / 1:28 am

That’s true and great tip dear, shifting focus to something positive would definitely lift spirits.

Tx.

2. Sarbjit
    May 22, 2018 / 5:52 pm

I like your work. You look nice – pretty skirt!

• tajinder
      Author
      May 23, 2018 / 1:29 am

Thank you dear, appreciate the kind words.

Tx.

3. May 24, 2018 / 4:15 pm

It can get so rough on us when that voice in our mind takes over. Tells us we are no good. That we aren’t achieving by far what we should be achieving. I call this voice Slimy Harry and when Slimy Harry speaks like that, I tell him to shut up, since his input is not welcome to my confidence. It helps naming that voice. Because you no longer identify with it being you. It’s a silly trick but it works really well.
    You are good. You are beautiful. You are creative. You are loved. That is what I wanted to say to you. And also big hugs!
    So many of us can relate to this feeling. I wish you would stop being hard on yourself.
    Love,

• tajinder
      Author
      May 24, 2018 / 7:13 pm

Thank you dear, I appreciate this comment so much! That’s an interesting tip, I’ll definitely name so I can detach myself from it. Thank you for the kind words.

Tx.

4. May 24, 2018 / 6:10 pm

Oh yes! I can totally relate to everything you say here. I have had times where nothing seems to work and I can’t motivate myself. I usually just have a break, sit in the bath, listen to music, escape… This is so well written, thank you for sharing and I really love your outfit here, your pink skirt is gorgeous xx

Bexa | http://www.hellobexa.com

• tajinder
      Author
      May 24, 2018 / 7:17 pm

We can all feel like this from time-to-time, it’s just finding the right way to break from it. Glad you liked the post dear and thank you, I adore the skirt too!

Tx.

5. May 25, 2018 / 7:39 pm

I feel like this a lot of the time. Your voice matters, your blog is lovely. Self doubt is crippling, I am trying more self care to lift my mood. Awesome photos too x

• tajinder
      Author
      May 26, 2018 / 1:02 am

Aww, thank you dear, I appreciate the kind words. Self-care is important, I hope you’re mood brightens up.

Tx.

6. Huda
    May 26, 2018 / 12:18 am

Such a well written post! I often feel self doubt when I start comparing myself to others but I have to quickly remind myself that I’m literally not going get anywhere by filling my head with negative thoughts! It’s hard, but you just have to push through! xx

• tajinder
      Author
      May 26, 2018 / 1:03 am

That’s so true, we’re all on our own journey, comparisons never helped anyone progress. Positive thoughts only, onwards and upwards.

Tx.