Inspiration to be creative can fluctuate, this can lead to a lack of confidence in our abilities. Happiness is the ultimate goal for me personally. I truly believe to be happy we all need to explore our creative sides, whether that’s through problem-solving or painting, we need an outlet for expression. The first step to being creative is to start; ignore the doubts, opinions, and negativity that may consume our thoughts. There are numerous benefits to being creative, not only do we unlock skills and hobbies that we hadn’t considered before but it’s also a great stress reliever. When spending energy on something we love it brings joy which reduces stress levels and improves the quality of life. This leads perfectly to the next point, improved self-awareness through expression. Whilst creating art we learn about our being, as we continue to create, we acknowledge our habits, desires, and impulses. This new found understanding allows us to communicate better with one another, meaning we experience peace and happiness regularly. Change comes from within, we can only better ourselves in hope that those around us will see the positivity in our decisions and take initiative to do the same.
Want to start your creative journey today? Well, I have 20 ways you can begin.
- Write a poem
- Read poetry
- Read a book
- Listen to spoken word (I suggest Suli Breaks)
- Create/cover a song
- Start a DIY project (for inspiration I suggest LaurDIY)
- Start a creative journal (no rules, everything is acceptable)
- Try illustrating
- Play an instrument
- Singing (mirror performance)
- Explore your local area and capture photos
- Browse Pinterest (plenty of inspiration)
- Meditate (I suggest in the garden with some incense)
- Style an outfit (including makeup and accessories)
- Yoga (increase flexibility)
- Watch comedy skits
- Attend a workshop
- Home decor apps (great if you’re interested in interior design)
- Experiment with makeup looks (YouTube has plenty of tutorials)
How do you stay creative?
Until next time, stay blessed and classy,